el lebrero

Information on the 2014 Vintage

The weather of vintage 2014 can be considered as typical in Ribera del Duero. The total rain was 440l/m2. Between november 2013 and july 2014 we had 400l. This means the vineyard had good hydric reserves for the dry months of summer. Regarding temperatures we did not have spring frosts. The beginning of summer was warm and dry with high contrast day-night in september. This month is the most important for good maduration and accumulation of fenolic compounds in the skin of the raisin. The vineyard cycle is in advance with regard 2013. The harvest starts 27th september with the white grape and ende 6th october with red grape. Excellent maduration of the grapes, well balanced in aromas, acidity, sugar and an optimal sanitary state.

Technical Information

Callejo family vineyards. 100% Albillo. Clay loam and sandy limestone soils.

Vinification and Ageing

Handpicked in boxes and rear double selection table grape selection. We maintain a cold maceration with the skins prior to pressing. A portion of the wine (60%) goes to ferment in French oak barrels, and the rest (40%) in stainless steel tanks. After fermentation, the wine spends 11 months in French oak with its lees.

Tasting notes

Yellow intense color with golden reflections, clean and brilliant. In nose it is intense, mature exotic fruits, white flowers, aromatic grasses, complex, mineral, spicy and balsamic bottom. In mouth it is long, balanced, expressive, fruit-bearing recollections and end of mouth spiced and very long.


94 points Gourmets. Vintage 2013.

90 points Stephen Tanzer. Vintage 2012.

90 points Guía Peñin. Vintage 2012.

by elenasevilla.es